Frequently asked questions

How do i know if my child needs speech therapy?

If your child’s disability is present at an early age, your health care team may recommend speech therapy as part of your child’s early intervention plan. There are also language developmental milestones that you can monitor to make sure your child is on track and talk to your doctor if you suspect any problems. An initial phone consultation will allow us to further determine whether or not formal speech therapy is warranted. 

Do you accept insurance?

I do not accept insurance, however, I provide a monthly superbill that you can submit to your insurance company for monetary reimbursement. 

Can I observe during the session?

Yes! I encourage parents to observe and participate during sessions. My goal is to equip parents so that they can work with their child (and feel confident doing so!) outside of formal speech sessions. 

Will my child receive homework?

Yes! I love when parents want homework. At the end of speech sessions, I provide you with suggestions for home, so that your child has opportunities to practice the targeted skills. 

How long will my child need speech therapy?

The length of therapy depends on the severity of the problem and the rate of progress made in the therapy sessions and during reinforcement at home and in the community.

Do you provide written reports of my child's progress?

Written progress reports are generated upon parent request, and are charged for at the hourly rate. Progress can also be discussed verbally via face-to-face meetings or teleconferencing (also charged at the hourly rate.)

Can you complete an IEE for my child? 

Yes. An IEE (Independent Educational Evaluation) is an evaluation by a qualified professional who is not employed by your child's school district.   You can request Tiny Talk Speech Therapy to complete an IEE if you determine that the evaluation by the district was not performed correctly or was incomplete.